Sunday 18 February 2018

The upper side of grass

I enjoy reading and reflecting after life experiences so I can get the most from each moment.  Ranging from personal doubts to life altering decisions, taking the best from each situation and sitting back to see their results is something I've learnt to do with a great deal of patience.  


I hold the below values close to my heart to help guide me ..
Taking a step back to reevaluate life and trying my best to use those fundamentals but knowing at times, like everyone else, I most likely will falter.  
  • Acceptance: having an objective attitude toward other’s ideas and practices that differ from my own (Doing this teaches me humanity)
  • Compassion: understanding the suffering of others or self and wanting to do something about it (Teaching empathy)
  • Courage: willingness to do difficult things (teaching strength)
  • Generosity: willingness to give resources, help or time to others
  • Integrity: sticking to your moral and ethical principles and values (This can be one of the most difficult things you'll do in life!)
  • Kindness: being considerate and treating others well
  • Respect: showing consideration for the worth of someone or something (Including the value of one's self)
  • Responsibility: being reliable in your obligations (Being accountable.
I am fallible but am okay with it.  

I am the only one who can hold myself accountable for all of my choices, the only one who will live with them until I physically leave and the only one who will have to answer for them.  I will strive daily to challenge myself to be a better person.  Far from perfect, I will strive to be better than the day before.  

I hope, that like you, I become a better person every day I'm granted on the upper side of grass.





No comments: