Thursday 17 November 2016

Time passes and does heal wounds

A year ago today, I made a life changing decision.  It took all of me to step into the unknown, with the unconditional support and love from family and friends.  

Perhaps, a journey that I metaphorically saw as monumental, as my personal belief was diminished to something smaller than I had ever imagined in the last 20 years.  This was my mountain to conquer.  


6 months after, I took the journey to do another.  I traveled on nothing but faith and determination to learn that my internal strength was solid.  

I took a path up a mountain and I saw things I had never dreamed of.  I did things I lost faith in, all while doing this alone.  Finding that, no matter the voices that use to be inside my thoughts, creating doubt now screamed louder telling me; you can do this!  
I got to the top of my hike, sat in solitude and cried while I took the deepest breath I've had in my entire life. 
Last weekend, almost 1 year from my life changing decision, 6 months from my journey to prove my personal worth, I choose to share it with someone who values me for who I am.   

Today, it's been 3 months of rediscovery of faith, love and trust in another.  Sure I wear rose coloured glasses, I will always have faith in human kind, to do better, become wiser and love deeper.  I won't live with regrets.  We should not accept anything less than to be treated like a person, no matter our gender, colour race.  I see beauty in flaws, I see strength in the meek, I see love in the lost.  
This man has volunteered has with me, sang with me, laughed with me, cried with me and shared life with me.  More than I ever expected, more than I anticipated.  I've learnt to give without expectations, live life without wants and to see value in the smallest of things.  Today, is the first day of the rest of my life.  

No comments: