Friday 12 May 2017

Mothers day tribute - to my sons

When you were born I held your wee body in my hands.  Tightly, I kept you warm and safe.  I saw your first step, could hear your first word, and those tiny giggles.  We'd hide under the blankets, with a flash light telling silly stories.  We'd sit and listen to music and talk about the birds.  Plant corn in our front yard and play with worms.  Cuddle while you tried your hardest to read words from a book.  I held the back of your seat when you took off on your first bike, riding faster than I ever imagined.  Your butterfly kisses on my cheeks and the gentle touches with your tiny hands made my heart swell.  

I watched you cross the street, take the bus, explore beyond my dreams and then return home.  
Mothers day.. isn't about receiving another gift, It's about what you already gave me.  

You taught me to love unconditionally, accept completely and laugh with abandon.  I will always splash in puddles because of you.  I will run in the rain.  I will look up to the sky and see beyond the clouds because you reminded me to.  I see more than I could have imagined.  I feel more than I thought possible.  All because of you.  It's not about measuring the time it took to have you join my life but remembering every, single, moment that I've had with you. 

I love you both with more than my soul can take.  So instead of expecting something on what they say is Mothers day, I'll say .. 

thank you. 

Love Mum

No comments: