Monday 24 October 2016

What does it take?

I'm a wee bit behind on my last entry as I mentioned it would be the following day and here I am, somewhat trying to best put into words how giving helps the soul. 

Doing my best over a large stretch of years to give back, to show others how giving can benefit not just the recipient but your physical and mental well being.   As my personal journey has gone off on a tangent, I've had to strengthen the foundation to ensure the path to the end goal is safer.  It's not as dramatic as it sounds, trust me.    

I cannot fathom the amount of gratitude that I could have gained when I started volunteering.  I don't need or want much anymore, I am thankful every day for the moments I live in, the moments those I love, live in and truly embrace moments to come.  Although I do not have expectations, I'll admit I still live with an abundance of hope.  That's something I refuse to give up, no matter the outcome.  

Life, as I've promised in the past blogs, will toss you through a loop.  It's going to make you question everything you've learnt, the good and the bad.  Just know, this is completely natural.  

Do it, question everything, every day.  Try to make it better, if not for anyone but yourself.  

Live it happy.  

You can only change your personal outcome and not anothers.  Trying to understand or explain why someone's choice is, will not help you or cause benefit.  You just need to give it away to them to own. 

While being at Hope Mission in Edmonton, I volunteer with a group of amazing people, who without judgement and funding, feed others with food and love out of their own pocket.  This isn't just about filling the bellies, but about filling the heart of another.  Expressing a genuine concern for another who has nothing isn't something that just "happens".  I've seen this first hand.  My experiences going from stunned to open armed within less than a year has grown me as a human.  When I look back now, I've seen how much I've grown, I've seen how much others have grown and it warms my heart and soul knowing, that perhaps I've had a wee bit of input with this.. that perhaps, the ripple goes further than I've anticipated.  

I encourage you to head out and not only do a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) but do something with intention, without expecting anything in return.  Love unconditionally for a split moment so that your ripple becomes larger. 


No comments: