Tuesday 4 October 2016

My tool box

I've been granted the gift of many tools from my parents, family and my friends, all walks of life and experiences. Good or bad.  

It's not the tool box you see that may be coloured red with items such as a hammer or saw but a box that is contained in my head and heart.

My tool box has an abundance of items I use, at times daily.  


I am no longer ignorant to others, learning this with the tool of compassion.

I am not above anyone else, learning this with the tool of humility.
I am not better than anyone else, learning this with the tool of kindness.  

The key to building your tool box is to live with your eyes wide open.  Do not be adverse to listening and learning from others.  Mostly, take each opportunity one to learn from and better yourself.  We cannot live without air, so live each moment as if it was dependent on your last breath.  Be open with who you are and if by chance someone can gain from your experiences, all the better.  

Sure, sharing can open the door to a bit of pain but I can promise you that there is more to gain from sharing than the chance of being hurt. 

The most amazing thing is when you have built your tool box, you can lend those out for others to use, to help build with and you'll never lose them.  

No comments: