Tuesday 11 October 2016

How I see you

I was laying in bed, my head going a mile a minute so now I am finding myself sitting here in front of my computer screen wanting articulate in words the thoughts that keep me awake.

I want you to know something. 

You are amazing. 

To my family, my friends and even to those I've not met yet, I want you to know that I think you are perfect.

I mean it.

Look at yourself when you wake up.  Stand up and walk to the mirror.  You've come a long way.  It's been a journey and you are now in a place you can quietly (or loudly proclaim) 

YOU are okay.  

I don't care what gender you are, the size of your body or the length of your nose.  You are beautiful.  If you could only see what I see.  

I see this amazing person who is kind and generous.  Who can love without conditions or expectations.  Who gives to another without a second thought.  You are so much stronger than you know.  

If you saw what I see, you might be shocked.  

I see a friend who wears a superhero outfit under her daily clothing.  A mother who strives to have her family be more than what they know they can be.  A man who loves deeper than the ocean and has more faith in others than himself.  Stop short changing every action you do and start being proud of yourself.  

Although your journey isn't done, you need to know that you make others days brighter.  YOU create happiness with a simple smile.  Your heartbeat alone makes me want to cheer louder for you, to have you cheer yourself on is in itself an act of bravery.  So go ahead, love who you are and know, I am behind you 100% of the way.





No comments: