Thursday 4 August 2016

Just breathe

Often, I'll wake up in a panic thinking I need something.  

I'll need peace of mind, heart and soul mostly.  There isn't anything out there that I can hold which gives me each of those things.  

I drive or walk to gain perspective on life when they weight me down.  They, as in when my mind heart and soul are stirring.  As I walk, I pay close attention to every little detail that lays ahead.  The things behind me?  I tend to try and forget.  Those are best where they lay.

I see ahead of me the leaves on trees that bloomed after a long winters nap, with the harshest of bitter cold, wind blowing through the branches without an ounce of protection.  I see the grass, growing, reaching towards the warmth of the sun.  I'll smell the flowers that have bloomed, I hear the songs each bird sings and feel the freedom of the breeze blow on my face.  With all this, I gain perspective for my mind, heart and soul so I can rest my body at the end of every day.  So I can love each thing that I have, no matter how small.  I learn to walk towards something better and let what lays behind me where it belongs.  

Take a moment to look up, forward and beyond what you know.  Take a long, deep breath of fresh air and live in this very moment.



No comments: