Thursday 7 July 2016

What I want

I want you to get up after a fall and know how to dust yourself off.  To smile after a heart break and then dance in the rain.  To know defeat and then the taste of success.  

Why am I saying the things that are hardest first?  So that you know how good it feels to have more than you expected.  

These words started out for my kids, and is now evolving to everyone who has touched my life, perhaps ones that don't even know it.  People, who I've glanced over while walking and received a smile.  It's those moments I embrace, knowing we are coming out.  

I want you to live life, to experience everything in it's fullest.  I want you to be happy, to learn how to create your happiness and to not live in the past with anger or fear.  

Look in the mirror the moment you wake, love yourself completely.  Accept who you are in that moment and make the changes by doing baby steps, not expecting anything other than joy in your life at the moment you are in.  You will NOT get this moment back so own it.  Own all of it and don't let ANYONE take it from you.  Not your joy, your happiness, your eagerness, your earnest.  Not your desire to learn, to grow or to just be.  Make the moments happen.


No comments: