Tuesday 26 July 2016

Living life

Over the past 9 months, my life has changed tremendously.  A choice made to better our lives, now having more than I've had in 20 years and it has nothing to do with things or where we live.  

I did live in a beautiful home, located on a street that many believe would be priceless.  The view, our neighbours.  We seemed to have an abundance of things that suited us when and where we wanted it, waste what we didn't and take for granted what we truly needed.  I can say I became guilty of this.  


Then I woke up.  


I started to change a few years back.  I looked at myself, my boys and wondered; what was true happiness?  Giving up what I wanted, I took the step to live in the present, the now.   


Writing here, getting back into volunteering, just simply "being".  My eyes opened.  Looking back at who I was leaving behind (my old self) I was stunned.  I was tired of trying to be who I wasn't.  


I walked away in November of 2015, terrified and without self faith. 


Now?


I have a single income that is just paying the bills.  I am doing the best possible job while being creative with what I have to provide.  Trust me, at times I can feel my heart throb through my chest, my breaths get shallow and emotions rise from the base of my gut, traveling through my throat.  (this is a tough one to admit)


After that though?  I am living.  Mum taught me the most important things in life are a roof, food and clothing.  We have those, along with many other things that, now in my life I can't be more grateful for.  I am living life with my eyes wide open and couldn't be happier.  

Do yourself a favour.  Take a peek back at what is going on in your life.  I'm not suggesting walking away from everything, simply open up your eyes.  What single thing, at this present moment do you take for granted?  

If you are misguided by all the labels and media telling you what to do, watch, see and be then open your eyes and give your head a clean shake.  Take a walk, look at the clouds and be present.  Stop letting that feeling from the bottom of your gut control your actions (by the way, it's called fear) and start living.  


You aren't going to miss out on something if you are living life, you are creating something by living life.  Personally, I'd rather live a life with eyes wide open, creating something that makes happiness rather than living a life being controlled by another.  


No comments: