Monday 23 May 2016

Be proud of the reflection you see

Like many days, strength is pulled from hearing about the children in my life.  Doing my best to live one they can be proud of, one that can be reflected back on, knowing that I've done my best.  Not being perfect, I can struggle with choices, afraid of falling, of losing.  
What helps me do what I think is right?  Perhaps it's blind faith in trusting my gut.  Questioning where my decisions are going with some friends around me I trust.  However, in the end, my decisions are my own with parenting, with leading a life I want to live.  Doing the right thing, that I believe in and reflection on what decisions I've made in the past and where I want the future to be.  

Today, was the perfect example of the right choices I made. 

I have looked in the mirror before, during and after every one.  I no longer live with regret, even if the choices I've made crushed me at the time, they were right.  I'm sitting here, head tilted to the right and my heart swelling with pride for both of my boys.  
My oldest is off on a trip with his best friend and love, Breanne.  A young lady that I love like a daughter.  He's done what I dreamt of for him.  Living on their own, working, breathing and experiencing life.  What parent wouldn't want this?  He moved out 3 + years ago and I was proud he left on his terms, without anything but good feelings.  Again, I am so very proud.  
My youngest son is learning to build his life.  I keep telling him how I will continue to be there to help him build his tool belt for life.  Never abandoning him, willing to catch him if he needs but helping him push himself.  He may only be in his mid teens but he will be more than he knows.  I can see the young man he's becoming and I couldn't be more proud.  

Both boys give me strength I thought I never had.  Their unconditional love and support comes through daily.  Messages, albeit on the phone will suffice.  A hug, a home made mothers day gift.  Today's words from my youngest made my heart burst with love.

"Mum, you are the strongest person I know, I love you."

I returned to my baking, with tears flowing down my face.  I am the happiest I've been in my life.  Do the same for yourself.  Make those choices you can live with, be proud of and become the reflection of who you are. 





No comments: