Sunday 22 May 2016

How gratitude can make you feel?

I dislike a small amount of things, one being that when I'm somewhere I can't write about the experiences that are going on around me.  You'll laugh when I tell you, I was in the shower, enjoying some music, with a big grin, thinking about gratitude.  


I find myself more often that not, surrounded by family and friends who, are the most amazing, kind hearted, loving and accepting people I know.

Gratitude hits me more often than fear now, more often than anger and I couldn't be happier!  

I live in a home that isn't mine.  I owe money that I am slowly paying back to the bank for my car, my account is more often without the funds I wish I had 

but..

I have my health.  


My body isn't what it once was 


but..

I love it regardless.

I had the opportunity in the past to travel around the world to places like Thailand, China, Scotland, London, Paris, Mexico, the United States and parts of Canada.  I've met celebrities and at times felt completely alone. 

I've also experienced seeing poverty, homelessness, loss and pain through volunteering and have met the most caring and kind people in these places and felt more love than one soul can contain and have felt more surrounded by love and part of something more.


What I'm trying to say here is that happiness can be found in your back yard, with the ones who love you and the ones who have nothing to give but their time.  


Don't go searching for a better car, a larger home, a bigger bank account.  Embrace the joys around you.  Just simply start choosing to be happy and live a life of gratitude.





No comments: