Monday 15 February 2016

Wanting peace

Life changes, life happens.  We evolve and try to become a human that reflects what we believe we are.  Sometimes by choice, at times by chance.  

I wouldn't want to change how life has happened in this journey.  With the bad, good comes and at times, wonderful things blossom.  

As a young lady, my thoughts were that I would find someone to complete me, until the past few years it was still something I thought it was the truth.  Forgetting to look at myself and see that I was doing it all on my own.  

Creating happiness, regardless of where I was.  Gardening outside with music playing in my ears.  Discovering bees weren't my enemy and that I could work with them.  Spending time with others that were struggling in tough times, learning that my sadness could be another's joy. Listening with the intent to listen to my children, learning who they were instead of trying to create a person.   

Happiness isn't external.  It's not brought on by being around others.  No longer hoping they will lift me but by accepting who I am or the choices I've made.  I won't wait for a call, a text and message to complete me.  I choose to start living on my own.

Each day, I am becoming happier for who I am.  If someone happens, it will not be a hand to take, to guide me but a life to share.  I was asked, "What is it you are looking for as a partner?  What is it you want?"  My reply?  "They have to be kind, everything else will fall into place if it's right."



No comments: