Saturday 27 February 2016

Living in the moment

I love unexpected experiences and have to admit that this past week has been the greatest unexpected ones thus far in 2016 (although it's been only 58 days)

Starting with a cab ride the other evening, Abraham who was driving had a kind & gentle voice.  One of reason and his words came so eloquently and poignant.  As if he could read how I thought and most importantly what I needed to hear.  

He spoke about his journey, in a positive way.  As if he had nothing to lose by sharing his life story.  Telling me to live life for the moment.  How we cannot hope for tomorrow and that yesterdays mistakes are gone, to forget them.  How there is so much negative in this world, we need to share and open our minds to the good, the positive.  I couldn't have agreed more.  The smile on my face warmed my heart.  I had to ask for his card so that next time I was in need of a ride, he would be the first one for me to call.  

This past 20 days though?  It's been an eye opening journey.  I don't know where life will go but I do know how I'll get there.  Not needing to share the details it's the outcome of the past 20 days that have made me look in the metaphorical mirror.

Although life makes one grow, sometimes it's the physical presence of another that helps you become a bit stronger, learning to have faith in yourself when others see the real you while perhaps your head is in the sand.

Finding the happiness in every day moments are what fuels us.  You many not know it however look at the times you smiled at a kind gesture, a hug, a word and sight.  Don't discount those.  Let your harder moments go, they cannot be undone.  Live in the moment, not the past.  Create your future, be an inspiration and above all, believe in yourself.  Take this one step further and before you forget about the most important step, thank the person who gave you a "moment" to drive you to becoming a better you.  






No comments: