Monday 4 January 2016

The climb

I don't know where to start, is what I was thinking over 5 years ago.  

I loved the view in the neighbourhood and wanted the fresh air.  I needed to get into shape so why wouldn't I try to go for a stroll?  Well, I was a bit over weight and knew I needed to make some changes.  Little did I know that my health was not as good as I thought.  I lost my breath and hardly made it home.  I couldn't believe that a straight forward, 5k walk would do so much to me.  I knew then I had to start to make changes.  


Fast forward to now.  A few years later and with some perseverance I now can easily do more than 10k combining walking, running and yes, climbing.  I figure, if I can over come that hill, those stairs and that road I may be able to do more.  So almost every day I challenge myself to go further.  It doesn't matter that someone might have a chuckle at me, or that another may have doubts.  This isn't for them.  I'll look back at today in a few years with a grin, standing somewhere I thought I'd never be.  

You should too.  









No comments: