Tuesday 18 November 2014

Give your child a chance



I want to believe I am quite the liberal parent.  I want to feel that what I teach my children, is something they will take with them as they grow up and become parents themselves, I want them to become better, to evolve as a parent, as I have.

I have been living a life of giving my children a chance.  I will not tell them what hate is.  I will do my best not to show them it either.  There is enough of hate shown around us, so I choose to teach them compassion, patience and above all, love.  

I will show them laughter, I will show them forgiveness, I will be what I want the change to be in this world.  I will provide them with the choices I was never given.  

I will not be the fence that holds them in but rather the gate that swings open.  

I will be the sun that warms them, to help them take off their jackets rather than the wind that forces the change.  

I will give them a chance, I hope you do to.

Nicky

No comments: