Thursday 23 October 2014

When I’m asked this, I usually shy away from the truth

These past few years, I have been trying to model my life after those who inspire me.  I’ve found it to be somewhat of an escape.  

When I started to volunteer, I found I was less focused on the issues at hand.  At home, near and far.  

I’ve been asked, why I am so busy, all the time?

Why?  

I’ve discovered that when I give back, I lose focus on what brings me down, what I am afraid to face.  In the comfort of giving back, I forget about the things that are going on in my life and feel better.  

I wouldn’t be completely truthful if I said that when I return to the issues, they are gone.  They still exist.  That being said... they are just easier to face because they don’t seem as big as they did at first.

I suppose you could say it’s a 24 hour rule for myself.  It helps me re-evaluate life.  

Sometimes giving to others, reaps more benefits that you know.




No comments: