Wednesday 20 May 2020

The life we are given

I wasn’t searching for life, I was given it.  Whatever circumstances that played out throughout this life, wasn’t always of my own doing but it certainly created resilience and strength.  For that alone, I am grateful.  Nothing more could have been a better gift than struggles.  For each of those, I am who I am today and have discovered that it’s not about the climb but about the view from up top after each step forward which is after all, a step up on the game plan I know nothing about.

Sitting inside a house, I can hear the drops on our roof, it gives time to reflect upon the above statement.  I will not look back at days in which I feel sadness with grief but with gratitude.  I am here, given time to live it a wee bit longer.  Perhaps to pass on something to my own boys so that they will become better, stronger and wiser than I will ever be.  I truly do have faith that each generation can make a better one, that each child or person we’ve been in contact with can see more beauty that what we have.

Don’t look at yesterday as a failure, rather an opportunity to learn and grow.  Don’t see tomorrow with fear but as opportunity to make something bigger.  Be present in the moment, laugh until your tummy and face hurt.  Do the silly things to surprise even yourself.  Be patient with everyone and above all, kindness is the most important act you will ever do while living life.

Love always

No comments: