Thursday 19 October 2017

Given the chance

That moment when you see something happen that you know, damn straight, it wasn’t right.  The chance encounter when your gut tells you to reach out and make a difference.

Life is full of opportunities and moments that we can use to make a difference.  

I’ve sat back when I was younger, watching these and thinking of only myself.  I was tough on others circumstances and turned a blind eye to issues I wasn’t invested in.  

Now in my late 40’s, I see the world with a different perspective.  It’s all due to life and what I’ve been through.  This brings me to life’s purpose.  

I thought I was in search of mine.  Questioning every thing that happened and at times, asked “why” with turmoil and heart break.  

Now I see it differently.  I see the experiences have shaped me to discover, it was never about the destination but the journey.  That what I was going through was giving me purpose.  

So I take these things that I’ve learnt.  Perspective and purpose and live it completely.  

I don’t ask “why” but I say, “thanks” even for the hard times.  Due to those, I have become a much diffferent person than I was in my 20’s and 30’s.  I may not be the wisest but that’s not my goal.  

My goal?  Taking the opportunities and moments I’ve been given then learn and love.  Accept and work towards a better life.  Not richer in terms of finances but richer in terms of acccpeting what I have and loving each moment.




No comments: