Friday 2 September 2016

Empathy from exposure

Exposure is, quite simply a key to learning about empathy.  I cannot stress enough about how my life has unfolded and become what it is today.  I am, most certainly not the woman I was 10 years ago much less the girl I was at the age of 10.  

My gratitude to this date is overwhelming and can be focused on all of my life experiences.  From having emergency foster children in our home starting when I was around 5 years of age to last night, serving food at one of our many homeless shelters.  

What I know for sure is that I cannot live a life where I would stop doing what I do now.  Trust me when I say, it's not for glory or praise but for a simple reminder.  Inside, my fears and doubts when I feel things are about to implode and crumble, it reminds me just how things just are.  

I want you to take a moment, be in it and live it.  Truthfully, life can be stressful but take away all your wants.  

Step back from the things and ask yourself;  Are you safe, warm, fed and clothed?  If you can say yes to those, then count your blessings.  Breathe deeply, love completely and live your life to the fullest.  

Fear is a big controller of our actions, from not allowing someone to love us, to anger towards another.  Go ahead, expose yourself so that you can learn about empathy.  Open up your heart a bit to someone or something.  Before you know it, you'll start living a happier life, full of things you never thought possible.  



No comments: