Monday 30 May 2016

Which V word do you use?

We reflect on hard times with a broken heart, not taking from each experience a lesson to be learned.  

I don't watch tv often, finding that I loose myself from reality and reality is exactly what I'd rather be living in.  Even if it hurts from time to time.  The hurt, however is what sustains me.  It teaches a lesson every single time I reach out.  

Admitting to you that not every time I reach out I get stung.  I laugh .. a lot.  I mean, if I experience something truly amazing, a smile will creep across my face and I'll make it something.  Sure, getting good experiences have lessons as well but I truly cherish the ones that hurt. 


Sounds a bit funny, right?

Each person, each experience in life is here for a reason.  Let me give you clear examples of this.

1.) I picked up running a few months back.  While at the gym, I choose unwisely to read something that upset me.  While in the cool down mode, strapping my phone back to my arm, running to burn off the energy that started to eat at me.  The result wasn't good.  I ended up actually breaking my foot (a small fracture) but none the less, the result from the reaction wasn't good.  The lesson though was priceless.  

a. Don't read emails or texts while working out
b. Give things time before you react
c. Have more faith in yourself 

2.) Struggling with laughter after a comment was made, we broke down in tears.  Honestly, laughing so hard, my abdomen was hurting, air was completely out of my lungs and I couldn't say a word.  While driving with some co-workers the other day, we became lost in a parkade and found the humour of the situation.  What lesson was learnt from this?

a. Laugh at yourself
b. Live in the moment
c. Love each person completely for who they are

What does this have to do with a "V" word?  Everything.  We can choose to be a victim or a victor.  How you look at things, how you react will help determine which "V" word you will become.  Learn the lessons in the moments, good or bad.  Each has something to give you.  




No comments: