Wednesday 9 March 2016

Simple moments of happiness

I keep trying to write about what's going on, where my head is and it seems to fall flat lately.  As most people, I have my ups and downs but that's not what I want to write about on a daily basis and finding inspiration for the right thing sometimes comes at moments when I am away from my computer, losing the ability to write what's in my mind at that very moment.  

Just now, as I'm washing my face I had a great memory that I wanted to share.

As you know, I am a strong believer in RAKS (Random acts of kindness) although some of mine are intentional, they come as honestly as a young child's laughter.  I never expect anything in return, never will.  Why do I have this strong desire to do it?  I had to question myself that last night.  A friend, just a short while back told me that they see people who volunteer use it as an escape, to run away from their issues.  Perhaps that's true but I see it as a form of creating happiness.  The former is true for myself.  

Well, back to where I was going with today's blog.  

I've been on a health journey as well.  Changing my eating habits and while on this trip, have lost some extra pounds.  This brought me to a local clothing store.  In need of a new pair of pants and with some assistance from the gals working, I had success.  

While walking up to the cashier, a young lady in front of me was wearing an item from the store and asking the girls who were working, their opinion.  Now, in my humble thoughts, I have to say, I felt the dress was fitted just for her.  She twirled around and had a light giggle.  catching me looking, I had to just say it. 
"You look amazing darling, don't pass this dress up, it's perfect for you.She poked one toe towards the other while her hand grazed the bottom of the dress, bashfully she said, "I'm unsure about it" and walked to the dressing room.  
Before she escaped, I told her not to pass the opportunity up to get the dress, it looked amazing and to have a friend take a photo so she could see their perspective.  The sales lady started to follow her, but not before I asked her to get me the tag.  

A few minutes later, the sales lady returned with the price tag.  I told her to add it to my bill and asked politely not to tell the young girl until after I left.  

I hope this put a smile on her face.  I know it made the sales lady light up.  I know it made me happy.  Just like the woman who bought me 3 pairs of shoes when I was a wee girl.  For nothing in return but a simple moment of happiness that we all want.




No comments: