Friday 29 January 2016

What matters

This ran though my head after having lunch with a girlfriend yesterday.  We chatted about how we both feel the same regarding others opinions.  I can't stress enough that we all live parallel lives.  It's when you open up that you see it.  We all have a story, be open and be okay with it.

Here were my thoughts today after a night of reflection. 
It doesn't matter what you think of me, what you said or how far you are willing to go.
I look in the mirror, miles away and am okay with what I am. 
You see, it's not just my shape of my body, the color of my eyes.  It's not the size of my smile or the length of my hair.
What I see that you cannot, are things I am proud to call me
I see the pride I've gained from the hard work I've put in  
I hold my head high knowing it will be okay, I have a warm heart seeing my children happy, I smile when I remember a friend telling me the kindest of words
I cry happy tears when I reflect on how far things have come.
I no longer think your opinion matters, What I do, is mine.  I can walk holding my head high, with pride, a warm heart, a smile and at times, happy tears.



No comments: