Tuesday 13 October 2015

Start your dreams with a single pebble

Today I learnt a valuable lesson.  Start your dreams with pebbles.  

Funny sounding I bet but it's true.  

When I was younger, I wanted to do many things but mostly to help change and shape the world.  It rattled me when I discovered how social economics work.  How, when one thing happens across the world, how it affects each of us.  I was devastated to see how one person could manipulate so many into doing such horrible things.  How could we switch it?  Make it from something bad to something good.

I started to volunteer at an early age.  I wanted to make others smile and happy.  

I've admitted in the past, it's become an addiction. Volunteering that is.  I love how it makes others smile.  How energized I get.  What I learn.  

The key?  What I learn.  Since I started to volunteer, I've learnt more than any educational institution could teach me and all for free.  I want to be that positive ripple effect that spans across oceans, one that reaches higher than the clouds and touches a heart further than I've dreamt.  

Now, I'm stepping out on my own with some friends and doing something I've never done before.  Nothing of this magnitude and I am more excited than I could imagine.  This is where I should be, right here, right now.  All from that first pebble cast on my first volunteer job.  I started my dream in my early teens without knowing.  

Now it's your turn.  

Love your life.

Nicky

No comments: