Saturday 21 March 2015

All the best intentions were made yesterday...

I come in here daily, although I may not post that often right now, I do have moments that I want to write about.  Ones that really touch my soul.

Then yesterday happened.  I lied.

Here's what happened.  

I felt the need for a fresh coffee from our local Tim Horton's.  I went to a group of friends at work to take their order.  They kept saying no but with some convincing, I got a few orders. How?

I lied.  

I told them I had a bunch of free coffees to use up and it was my treat.  (while my fingers were crossed behind my back).

I drove over, ordered and returned while putting the coffees on their desks, laughter and smiles came from  it.  That made my afternoon.  After all, yesterday was International day of Happiness.  

I returned to my desk and to work.  Quietly humming away while filing another friend at work came up to me and looked at my funny.  I had to ask if something was on my face.  He said... mm... 
"No but you like Tim Horton's right?"
I responded honestly. 
"I sure do." 
He then handed me 3 free coffee tabs and walked away.

I agree.  It's not good to lie.  I'm not telling you that you'll get a reward for lying.  

What I am telling you is that sometimes, not always, good things come from good intentions.  
Don't give up on being kind.  
Don't stop paying it forward.  
Don't stop believing in the good.







No comments: