Thursday 10 July 2014

Own it

In a day where all I hear are complaints about the weather, how the food is cooked, how the kids these days are different, cars aren't made the same...yadda, yadda.. even words

 *it makes me roll my eyes.

Not the complaints, the complainers!

Hello!  Life is a constant change. Yes, it's hard to "roll with the punches" but didn't your mother tell you to accept what you can't change and change what you can't accept?

What?

Yes, I'm telling you to get off your duff and do something about it.   I don't like anger, disrespect or negative feelings.  Here I am trying to change it. Perhaps on my blog, perhaps with my children, perhaps with a friend, even with strangers.

Take each moment as it is. If you are unhappy with it, change it or let it go.  At this moment, I may be in a loud coffee shop with people around me, I choose not to hear them until I look up. It didn't make my writing experience worse, it actually gave it body oddly enough. I accepted it. I may have had a stressful day, I choose to change it. I walked out of the office letting it all go. The minute I left the building I no longer owned how I felt and started to look forward to a drive with my younger son. The best part?  I handed him my phone and asked him to select a few songs to listen to. His choice. He picked a song that I use to sing along with my mum and siblings. We then sang it together. Another great moment brought to you by the letter "C".

Change


No comments: