Friday 27 June 2014

Seize the moment

I had to take a little hyatias from writing.  I wasn’t feeling my usual self and the last thing I want to do is bring anyone else down with me.  All is well and I have my favorite thing to write about today. 

The question that comes to mind is ... where do I start?  I am talking about children.  I am not an expert at raising every type of child, but I think I did okay with mine.  I mean, my oldest completed school, went on to get a degree of some sorts and is working and living with the most bea-UT-Iful lady I’ve met.  Granted he is only 23 but he seems to be happy.  Then my 2nd child... he’s sassy and confident all in one package.  He’s only in grade 9 now... but I do trust that if I left him alone, he would survive and be kind.  

Well, my point to today’s positive note is that all you have to do to raise a confident, eager child is lead. 

Don’t do.

Don’t do it for them, show them how you do it.  

Never gossip, stay away from negative things, don’t blame others for your mistakes, look for answers and feed the need to learn.  The minute they ask you, have fun with it.  

Use whatever means you have to seize the moment.






No comments: