Monday 5 May 2014

Be the change you wish to see in the world


Each day, I feel lucky to be here.  I am reminded of what amazing people I have around me, those that feel and think the same and I.

Today was no exception.  I thrive on giving back and this year, I decided to band together with a few co-workers to create a "volunteer" group.  People who WANT to give back, friends who feel it's part of their life to do something in return. 

We had a meeting with the Canadian Cancer Society about a fundraiser they are doing and what we can do as a group of volunteers to give back.  The entire time while the presentation was going on, tears were welding up in my eyes and my heart swelled.  Party for those who have fought cancer but mostly for the gratitude I have for the many people I am surrounded with. 

I am lucky to have a great foundation to work on, I am lucky to have co-workers that have quickly become friends who share the same passion as I. 

I can honestly say that I am going to work on the change I want to see in this world.  Will you?

No comments: