Saturday 15 March 2014

Where happiness is from

I can’t imagine life without happiness.  If someone approached me and asked me what gives me joy, what helps me let go of things it wouldn’t take long, in fact I think I would drive some nuts with a list that could go on forever.  

In 2003 I went to Thailand for a second time.  I saw the most beautiful people, met the most generous and kind friends.  



Some had what I thought was almost nothing.  Sleeping on floors, wearing the same clothing day in and day out.  What I noticed the most was their smiles.  It didn’t matter.  




huh... 

This is where I started to change.  

In the evening when we went to the market, there were children running around laughing, singing and happy.  Truly happy.  I took the time to watch them, do things for them and enjoy the simplest moments.  

When we ate dinner and tried to tip a bit extra they would refuse it.  Really.  They would tell us it was too much.  I don’t think i’ve ever been told that here in North America. 

I was a bit perplexed but then it hit me.  Some people want things that you can’t buy.  Things you can’t hold but something you can feel.  

I bet you just guessed it.  

Happiness.  

I hope you find it today.  I hope you take a moment to watch everything around you and just be happy. 


No comments: