Wednesday 26 March 2014

Taking chances

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to do something that makes you shake from the inside out?  Something that terrifies you to the core?

I’ve wondered, I’ve done.  I will again.  

It keeps me young, keeps me wanting more, keeps my heart beating a little bit faster.  These are for me but there are other reasons.  To show my children to live in the moment.  No matter their ages, 23 or 13 they won’t live life sitting around wondering when the next opportunity will happen but perhaps they will make the opportunities happen.  

For a second believe that you can sky dive, go scuba diving, hike in the mountains with bears, zip line through a jungle, read a book to a classroom, learn to write, run through a field of wheat with your arms at waist side, feel the grain between your fingers, sing a song in front of your friends and not care how bad it sounds.  

Do any of these things and just let go.  It doesn’t matter, once it’s done that’s it.  You did it.  Believe in yourself and take a chance.  Start today, right now.  

Now excuse me while I go and run through the snow bare foot!




No comments: