Thursday 30 January 2014

Laughter

Okay, I am not a ‘girly girl’.  Mum wasn’t one to put bows in my hair nor did I think painted nails look attractive.  This all at the age of 10.  I was a tom boy and I was okay with it.  Fast forward to 2014 and I am working in a profession where I think it is necessary to wear more than simple black slacks and a white dress shirt.  So I do my best to put a dress on, boots or shoes to match and a set of pearls.  It’s what you don’t see that’s funny. 

Behind my desk are large windows which I am quite certain if the blinds are up everyone can see what I do.  

I slouch.  I sit back and let things just ‘be’.  Most times, those damn heals get kicked off and if I could, so would the stockings.  They restrict the growth of hair on my legs.  In fact, the shoes make my feet smell.  This damn dress?  Pffttt... It makes me have to watch how I walk!  Then it’s the hair... if I could, I would put it in a pony tail daily.  Not spend all this time, trying to make it look neat and tidy.  

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy looking ‘professional’ but I LOVE relaxing and being who I am.  An occasional cuss, the faces I make when hearing a funny story, my snorting while laughing and yes a comfortable pair of jeans.

So, while I find it acceptable to wear those dresses i’ve been slowly collecting attempting to be a bit more professional my little girl inside is still happiest in her jeans and a white t-shirt goofing around with friends, snorting while laughing at jokes and making faces.  

Hope you are having a great week so far.  Remember, do your best to be kind.  Find a random act of kindness and pay it forward.  The only reason you should be looking down at people is when you are helping someone up.  This is what I tell my boys every day.

No comments: