Saturday 28 September 2013

Your journey

I was starting to write about taking down barriers for yourself, opening and walking through doors but then something hit me.  

When you try to strengthen yourself from those who have done something wrong, regardless of what it is, have you thought of why they did it?

My perspective is that those who hurt us most are hurting as well.  Why did they survive or which walls are they trying to break down?  

Sometimes... no most times, we repeat what we live.  If your parents beat you, you will more than likely carry it on, then your children.  So on and so forth. 

The beauty is, we are changing and learning.  We are seeing that there can be a difference and it stops here.  Personally speaking, if I didn't do anything about the abuse, would they have stopped?  Would the abuse have been taken further to others?  It's something I ask myself from time to time.  

I believe that not only did I heal myself but help those who abused me heal.  Remember, behaviour is learned.  I help stop the pattern.

It's been a journey and one that is daily and will be for the rest of our lives.  


No comments: