Sunday 4 February 2018

Challenge #3 - Do something without expectation

I've been graced in my previous life where I was given opportunities to meet talented people or participate in events.  I don't think I took it for granted, however I do know, I lived presently in those moments.

That being said, often I'd be given an opportunity with strings attached, more so there was an expectation of repayment in one form or another.  I took note of this over time and started to choose the option of "No thank you" or gifting the opportunities away to someone that I felt would appreciate the moment or opportunity.  

I went to communicate with the original gifter asking them if it was okay to use the items however I wished.  They didn't listen to my question but agreed with me assuming that I would use them myself.  

After they discovered I had passed the opportunity on to another without anything in return, financial or otherwise, they became upset with me, questioning my intention.  I simply stated that I felt "paying it forward" gave me more happiness that the actual gift itself.


My challenge for you is to try and do something without expectation of anything in return.  



You'll know, that it will bring another person joy.  It will give them a moment of peace, a bit of time to reflect and perhaps, they too, will pay it forward.






No comments: